UFC Fight Night 141 was in China. Two people fought again, Curtis Blaydes and Francis Ngannou. They had a match at UFC Fight Night 86 before. Curtis lost that time. Since then he has been having matches and won six of them so far without losing one.
As a humble fighter charged with success, Curtis Blaydes can beat Daniel Cormier. His debut for the world’s biggest promotion was marked by a fight ending in a stoppage- loss to Francis Ngannou. Though I watched the fight (and you should), I can say for sure that if not for the medical stoppage, he would have been exposed as hype in his first appearance there.
Curtis Blaydes is a good athlete who has only lost to inexperience.
Pros of Curtis Blaydes:
- Curtis Blaydes is a tall heavy guy.
- He’s also an athlete and world class wrestler so he has excellent stamina.
- He hasn’t been punched in his face because he knows how to hold on really well.
- His standup is good too.
Minuses Curtis Blaydes:
- Likes to get hammered. With a puncher like Francis, he can repeat his first encounter
Francis Ngannou is a man who moved from his native Cameroon to France in search of a better life, and has found himself on top of the UFC. His own background is great for promoting movies that will make us be inspired by his success. In addition, his power! Seriously, you can’t even shake him. Of course, he also has ‘stamina,’ which has become an internet meme. Success comes at a price.
After a series of victories, everyone said that Ngannou was the king. He was unstoppable. But then Stipe Miocic showed how to beat Godzilla.
- Thick skull bones. Yes, he actually has thicker and harder bones than any of you, so he takes hard punches with ease.
- Colossal physical strength.
- Jet hands. For a heavyweight he has awesome speed + combined with killing power – knock out the lights
- World class boxing
- Good defence against take-downs. Until he’s tired, he can’t be moved
- Sucks stamina. If the fight lasts longer than a round and a half, it’s a verdict for the “raptor”
- No parter. For a Curtis Blaydes level, of course.
The outcome is as clear as ever – a win for Curtis Blaydes. Curtis Blaydes will fight Francis in the first round for decency, then translate and translate. And in the second round, he’ll start beating the shit out of himself and Sascha. Will he be able to finish Nganna?! – big question.
Curtis Blaydes has more power and size than Miocic. I think he can take Francis down in the second or third round. But Ngannou always has a puncher’s chance because he is so strong.