Having been founded back in 2008, Supabets is an online sports betting website owned by Portapa Ltd. Offering a large number of betting markets to customers online, Supabets also run over 50 branches across Africa, with more and more Nigerian-based customers taking advantage of their ever-improving platform. Meanwhile, the bookmaker has make a conscious effort to improve their reputation and identity by establishing an agreement with the EFC. Our Supabets review will take a detailed look at their entire operation, with everything from markets and odds to customer service and promotions covered. However, let’s first provide a look at some of the positive and negative factors surrounding their betting platform.
Upon completing our Supabets review, we found the following positive and negative factors:
- Easy to use interface
- Competitive odds
- Excellent live betting opportunities
- Variety of customer service features
- Lacking in banking options
- Currently no welcome offer
How to Create an Account at Supabets Casino
You need to open an account at Supabets to start placing real money bets on your favorite sports events and players. The following are the simple steps to opening an account at Supabets.
- Click on the prominent green Register Now button on the top right of the screen.
- Enter details such as name, address, ID/passport number, and country.
- Create a username and password.
- Perform the reCAPTCHA to show the online casino that you are not a robot.
- Click on the red Register tab at the bottom of the online registration form.
- When you click on “Register,” you automatically agree to the online casino’s terms & conditions.
- We strongly recommend reading the terms & conditions before clicking on the Register button.
- The next step is to verify your email address and log in to your newly created sports betting account.
SupaBets Betting Markets & Odds Quality
Despite not having one of the biggest sportsbooks online today, with a number of markets missing when compared to some of their more well-established competitors, Supabets still cater for fans of traditionally popular events. A lack of horse racing markets will come as a surprise to many, however sports such as football, tennis and basketball feature heavily on a daily basis. In total, our Supabets review found that they currently have a total of 22 different sports markets, which are as follows
- Aussie Rules
- Cricket etc.
Meanwhile, just a brief glance at the Supabets website will show just how competitive their odds are across the board, with their prices on a par with some major internatioanal bookmakers. Odds can be displayed in either a decimal, fractional or American format, while good betting margins mean that customers are regularly in with the chance of making some attractive winnings. Markets such as football currently sit at around 105%, while more diverse markets including basketball and ice hockey range from between 107-110%.
Promotions, Jackpots, and Bonus Offers
Supabets Casino offers several bonuses and promotional offers, which serve to not only attract new bettors but also give existing bettors incentives to make deposits and place bets.
You can grab the following bonuses and participate in the following promotions at Supabets:
- R50 Sign Up Bonus– You can claim a sign-up bonus of R50 at Supabets, but this offer applies only to players who sign up from March 29, 2019. The online sports betting site credits bettors’ accounts with the bonus amount at 7:00 a.m. on the next day. You have to roll over your bonus amount thrice at odds of 11/10 or better and make a minimum deposit of R50 before withdrawing your bonus winnings, if any.
- R200 for Suggestions– Supabets values its customers’ feedback and suggestions. If you have a suggestion to improve the Supabets website and make it user friendly, you can send your suggestion to [email protected] If the online sportsbook actually uses your suggestion, you will get a reward of R200.
- 10% Cashback– If you use the desktop version of Supabets, you qualify for 10% cashback on your losing bets. The online sportsbook credits your bets every Tuesday. You cannot claim cashback if you have already claimed a bonus offer at Supabets. Split bets, combined bets, and bets placed on Supanumbers are not considered while calculating cashback.
- Up to 125% Multi-Bet Special– When you bet on multiple events, you will get multiple bonuses depending on the number of events you have bet on. For example, a bet on two events qualifies for a bonus of 2.5% and a bet on over 50 events qualifies for a bonus of 125%.
Website & Mobile App Usability
The Supabets website is fully-functional, although it is certainly not one of the more modern or pleasing on the eye betting platforms. Black, red and green dominates throughout, and despite not being the most attractive, does make it easy for customers to easily locate different markets and features throughout the platform. The site is only available in English, which should meet the needs of the majority of customers across Nigeria. Meanwhile, the home page displays all sports markets on the left-hand side of the page, as well as all current in-play options. Elsewhere, an automatically updated bet slip is located on the right-hand side of the page, which displays the odds and potential winnings of selections made. Meanwhile, graphics and images are used to promote ongoing bonuses and offers available at SupaBets, while users can access FAQ, fixtures, Betcodes and lotto pages at the top of the page at all times. Odds change by the second based on scorelines from the individual events, with customer account information being located in the top-right hand side of the page. Such a design means that bets can be placed quickly and stress-free, which is perhaps the most important factor when it comes to a betting platform.
Meanwhile, despite not offering any form of betting app, mobile customers at Supabets are still well catered for with the bookmaker. Punters looking to place bets on the move must simply enter the Supabets website using their preferred browser on their device, before logging in using the same method as found on their main desktop site. Mobile betting at Supabets offers customers freedom, whilst also ensuring that punters do not miss out on any potentially lucrative bets because they are away from their desktop. Of course, the lack of mobile app will come as a disappointment to many, however the speed of their mobile site goes some way to make up for this.
Betting Coverage, Live Betting & Live Streaming
Supabets also offer a huge number of bets when it comes to their sports coverage, especially when it comes to football. Major matches from competitions such as the UEFA Champions League, La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and the English Premier League come with over 500 markets, with customers having the opportunity to bet on everything from the match winner and number of goals to winning margins and a team to keep a clean sheet during the 90 minutes. Elsewhere, sports such as basketball and tennis also feature heavily, with encounters from the NBA and WTA and ATP Tours offering over 20 markets per match. Meanwhile, markets such as ice hockey, handball and golf are other sports that are covered well at Supabets on a daily basis.
Meanwhile, Supabets offer a dedicated live betting page, which can be accessed from a tab in the top-left hand corner of their site at all times. Punters are able to choose how they view all current in-play markets, while a calendar displays all upcoming in-play options for the coming days. Selecting a particular sporting encounter brings up an attractive graphic, which displays the current scoreline, as well as a host of useful statistics surrounding it. Such data allows customers to gain a better understanding of just how a particular event is playing out and in turn, who to back with a bet. Odds on backing your favourite football team to score a last minute winner or the one of the worlds leading tennis players to win a deciding set are particularly pleasing, with this form of wagering becoming increasingly popular at SupaBets.
Unfortunately, Supabets do not offer anything when it comes to live-streaming, which perhaps does not come as a surprise given the size of the bookmaker. However, their live score centre does help to make up for such deficiencies, ensuring that customers can still keep up to date with the action as it unfolds, with their impressive graphics particularly effective in sports such as football and tennis.
How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals
When it comes to making deposits, Supabets offers multiple options. You can use the following methods to top up your account:
- Cash – You can make a direct deposit into Supabets’ bank account.
- Normal EFT – Use your online banking account to transfer the deposit amount into the online sports betting site’s bank account. Your deposits may take up to three days to show in your gaming account.
- Supabets has bank accounts at major banks such as Nedbank, Standard Bank, ABSA, and FNB.
You can also choose from the following deposit methods:
1Vouchers (prepaid vouchers available at PEP store or FLASH Vendor)
The following are the steps to withdraw your winnings from Supabets:
- Supabets Outlet
- Login to your Supabets account.
- Click on the “Withdrawal” link.
- Select your preferred payout option.
- Click on the one-time PIN logo.
- Choose your withdrawal amount from a dropdown box.
- Enter your withdrawal amount and click on “Generate.”
- You will get a unique code.
Present the code at any Supabets outlet in South Africa to receive your winnings in an instant.
Send an email to [email protected] with your withdrawal amount, bank details, and username. If you want to withdraw more than R25,000, you have to verify your account details once again.
FNB eWallet Pro
You can use your cellphone number to withdraw winnings into your FNB eWallet. The steps are as follows:
- Choose FNB eWallet as your preferred payout method.
- Select your withdrawal amount.
- Click on the generate PIN option to receive a one-time PIN (OTP).
- Dial *120*277# to gain access to the eWallet.
- Search for “Supabets eWallet.”
- Choose “Get Cash” and “Get ATM PIN.”
- You will receive an ATM PIN via SMS.
- Use this PIN to withdraw your money at the FNB ATM.
- You have to choose eWallet services and input your cellphone number.
- Standard Bank Instant Money
Choose Standard Bank Instant Money as your preferred payout method and confirm your cellphone number. Input your withdrawal amount and generate a PIN. Get your voucher number, which you will receive after you generate your PIN, and use it to get funds from the Standard Bank ATM.
You can withdraw in the range of R50 to R5 million from the Supabets sports betting site. You will receive amounts less that R25,000 in 24 hours. If you want to withdraw more than R24,999, you should verify your account details once again by submitting the required verification documents. Once the online sportsbook receives your documents, it will credit payouts in 24 hours.